Job type: Full time, permanent
Hours: 35 hours/week. Some evenings and weekends required.
Application deadline: Extended to Friday, September 18, 2015
The Office of Mitzie Hunter MPP, Scarborough-Guildwood is seeking a Communications and Events Assistant. The successful candidate is dynamic, organized and has strong strategic communication and event planning skills. This positions reports to the Constituency Director and works closely with the Community Outreach Manager.
· Support communications objectives of the MPP
· Assist in the development and updating of content for communication vehicles, including website, newsletters, media releases and other documentation
· Assist in development of speaking remarks, greetings and presentations
· Provide ongoing support and input into social media, including Twitter and Facebook
· Daily media monitoring
· Provide expertise and assistance on special events planning and execution.
· Procure all aspects of events including space/venue, catering, speakers, and AV equipment.
· Manage event invitations and RSVP lists, accommodations, audio-visual equipment requirements, signage, event set up (including planning for any special needs under Ontarians with Disabilities Act) and other special requirements, as required (i.e. meal planning).
· Support office activities such as receiving constituent inquiries (via telephone, walk-in or email), drafting correspondence and researching issues.
· Other duties as assigned
Note: writing samples may be requested.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by September 18, 2015. No phone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
This website is provided for your convenience. If you'd prefer to call or email, my staff and I would be happy to hear from you.
Media ReleaseNews, Local News
The Fall Economic Statement damages Ontario's long-term prosperityNews, Local News
Launch of SHN